Now enrolling for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 28 September for 10 weeks. €300* (€217 conc.)
Care Skills & Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5 Certificates
The two essential nursing home care awards together. Study with the largest statutory QQI care home awards training provider in Ireland – QQI.
Care Skills: QQI Level 5: This programme module aims to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and competence to care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment.
Care of the Older Person: QQI Level 5: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to meet the full range of needs of older people in a variety of care settings.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Nights||Tuesday and Thursday|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Tuesday, 28 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€300.00 with online discount, €217.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €217.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €186.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Tuesday, 14 September 2021.|
- Care Skills: QQI Level 5:
- To assist the learner to recognize the different types of clients needing care, different types of care needs and the differing care needs of clients.
- To enable the learner to develop the necessary knowledge to respond effectively to clients’ individual needs, with their involvement and their use of choice.
- To assist the learner to acquire practical skills in the area of client personal care.
- To enable the learner to develop the knowledge and skills required for the maintenance of a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients.
- In conjunction with this module training will be given in patient handling/client moving.
- A Certificate of attendance will be issued by Mallow College of Further Education for this training.
- Care of the Older Person: QQI Level 5:
- Discuss a range of age related issues to include healthy ageing, global and national demographic trends, the normal physiological and psychological processes of ageing, the social impact of ageing on older people and differing attitudes to ageing and older people.
- Analyse the roles of the health care assistant in promoting positive attitudes to ageing and of statutory and voluntary agencies in promoting the well being of older people.
- Examine a range of concepts and practices to include preparation for retirement and the ethnic and cultural influences on the older person.
- Explore a range of older people’s needs to include physical, social, emotional, psychological, recreational, financial, environmental and spiritual needs.
- Summarise the role of the health care assistant in providing care for older people.
- Discuss the issues related to an older person with mental illness or dementia and of living with chronic illness.
- Recognise the individual needs of the dying older person and their families.
- Summarise the range of the care settings for older people and the members of the healthcare team available in each care setting.
- Explore a range of specific services that are available for older people to include education, lifelong learning, retirement/the workplace and leisure.
- Analyse current approaches towards developing quality in the provision of services for older people and their families to include standards and quality assurance.
- Employ effective communication with the older person, their family and the multi disciplinary team.
- Adapt care and practices to meet the needs of older people with cognitive and sensory impairment and physical disabilities.
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Enda has been working in the Healthcare Sector since 1998 together with the HSE, Semi State and Private Healthcare Services. Enda has been in Leadership roles in the Human Resource Management of Nurses, HCA’s and other Allied Health Professionals and is an expert in this field. Education includes Hons Bachelor Degree in Business Studies in Management, MA Human Resource Management (CIT) and Postgrad Dip in Education (FET) from NUI Galway. https://www.linkedin.com/in/endaodonovan/
Facebook Live Fridays at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.