Successful completion of this course provides a recognised qualification necessary for working as a health care assistant in a variety of settings, including hospitals, day and residential care and the home. The course equips the carer with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in this rewarding role as a member of the care team. It is suitable for those wishing to embark on a career in caring and those already working in the sector who wish to gain a recognised qualification.
It is made up of 8 components and each carries a value of 15 credits, giving a total of 120 credits for the full award. Three components will be offered each term, 8 components must be completed to achieve a full award.
In order to achieve this award, it is essential to undertake 150 hours of work experience. Prior to beginning work experience all learners must have completed the care skills module of this award, undertaken a course in patient handling/client moving and have been successfully Garda vetted through Mallow College.
For modules running next term please refer to the individual component awards listed below or head to nightschool.ie/tag/5m4339.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5M4339 Healthcare Support, Level 5
- Mandatory (All 5 need to completed)
- Electives (3 need to completed)
For the official specification of required awards refer to the qualification details for QQI 5M4339 Healthcare Support, Level 5.