Early Deadline: Enrolling for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 20 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This course contains two modules. Work Experience aims to provide a learner with the personal knowledge, skills and capacity to participate in a suitable work placement under supervision for a limited time. Communications aims to facilitate the learner to acquire communication skills relevant to vocational and personal development.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- To enable the learner to plan and prepare for successful participation in a relevant work placement.
- To facilitate the learner to explore their personal profile, and match it to appropriate work placement.
- To facilitate the learner to develop an understanding of the world of work and employment, Including the rights and responsibilities of both employer and employee.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Work Experience through the medium of the indicative content.
- To enable the learner to evaluate their work placement experience including managing feedback from their supervisor in order to inform future career choices/plan.
- To facilitate the learner to acquire communications skills relevant to vocational, personal and interpersonal development.
- To assist the learner to explore the use of modern information and communications technology (ICT), in personal and vocational life.
- To enable the learner to develop an awareness of the essential role played by communications and relevant legislation in human interaction.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0690 Communications, Level 5, QQI, 5N1356 Work Experience, Level 5