Online, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 25 January for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
This course contains two modules. Work Experience aims to provide a learner with the personal knowledge, skills and capacity to participate in a suitable work placement under supervision for a limited time. Communications aims to facilitate the learner to acquire communication skills relevant to vocational and personal development.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 25 January 2021
Price: €200.00, *€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Monday, 04 January 2021.
- To enable the learner to plan and prepare for successful participation in a relevant work placement.
- To facilitate the learner to explore their personal profile, and match it to appropriate work placement.
- To facilitate the learner to develop an understanding of the world of work and employment, Including the rights and responsibilities of both employer and employee.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Work Experience through the medium of the indicative content.
- To enable the learner to evaluate their work placement experience including managing feedback from their supervisor in order to inform future career choices/plan.
- To facilitate the learner to acquire communications skills relevant to vocational, personal and interpersonal development.
- To assist the learner to explore the use of modern information and communications technology (ICT), in personal and vocational life.
- To enable the learner to develop an awareness of the essential role played by communications and relevant legislation in human interaction.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0690 Communications, Level 5, QQI, 5N1356 Work Experience, Level 5