This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
Mallow College, Monday, 18:30-21:30, from 30 September for 12 Weeks. €240* (€175.00 conc.)
This course contains two modules. Work Experience aims to provide a learner with the personal knowledge, skills and capacity to participate in a suitable work placement under supervision for a limited time. Communications aims to facilitate the learner to acquire communication skills relevant to vocational and personal development.
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 30 September 2019
Cost: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare (certified courses) and Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for Mallow College day students and recent graduates.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Work Experience:
- To enable the learner to plan and prepare for successful participation in a relevant work placement.
- To facilitate the learner to explore their personal profile, and match it to appropriate work placement.
- To facilitate the learner to develop an understanding of the world of work and employment, Including the rights and responsibilities of both employer and employee.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Work Experience through the medium of the indicative content.
- To enable the learner to evaluate their work placement experience including managing feedback from their supervisor in order to inform future career choices/plan.
- To facilitate the learner to acquire communications skills relevant to vocational, personal and interpersonal development.
- To assist the learner to explore the use of modern information and communications technology (ICT), in personal and vocational life.
- To enable the learner to develop an awareness of the essential role played by communications and relevant legislation in human interaction.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Relevant work and life experience is equivalent for mature students (aged 23 and over).
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.