Early Deadline: Enrolling for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 20 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to use a word processing application to produce documents in a variety of contexts to a mailable and publishable standard whilst working autonomously and under general direction using Microsoft Word.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- To enable the learner develop the practical skills required to use a word processing package and to develop their knowledge of file management techniques.
- To enable the students to produce professional mailable documents.
- To equip the learner with the skills necessary to use a range of word processing functions.
- Create documents applying a range of text processing features including – margins and line spacing, indenting text and paragraphs, borders and shading, numbering and bullets, copying and pasting text, enhancing text.
- Perform initial document configuration using page setup features to include – headers and footers, page numbering, paper size and orientation.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1358 Word Processing, Level 5