Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 20 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to use a word processing application to produce documents in a variety of contexts to a mailable and publishable standard whilst working autonomously and under general direction using Microsoft Word.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Nights: Facebook Live Events every Friday at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.
Enrolment: Early Deadline: Enrol online here before Tuesday, 30 March 2021.
- To enable the learner develop the practical skills required to use a word processing package and to develop their knowledge of file management techniques.
- To enable the students to produce professional mailable documents.
- To equip the learner with the skills necessary to use a range of word processing functions.
- Create documents applying a range of text processing features including – margins and line spacing, indenting text and paragraphs, borders and shading, numbering and bullets, copying and pasting text, enhancing text.
- Perform initial document configuration using page setup features to include – headers and footers, page numbering, paper size and orientation.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1358 Word Processing, Level 5