This course is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses and professionals who need to create and effectively manage their own website and a constantly updated online presence. In 10 weeks of workshops the course will guide you through setting up a website name and email address, hosting your new website, working with WordPress to create your own website, using Google Analytics to track your viewers, create relationships with mailing lists, sell products online with WooCommerce, and maintain an integrated social media presence.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
Not running this term for Mallow. Sign up for future course notifications.
NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 19:00 to 21:00
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 29 January 2020
Price: €135.00, *€125.00 with online discount, €94.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €81.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students.
- Participants will explore creative options for coming up with a memorable website name; practically learn where and how to purchase a name for your business; or explore free options.
- Learn how to setup an effective business email address.
- Once you have a website name you will need to host your website somewhere. Participants will take a tour of some of the available hosting services – from absolutely free, through starter, to top of the range shared hosting locally in Ireland – and explore the implications of the different choices. Participants will then learn how a domain-name for a website becomes associated with the hosting service provider.
- Whether you ever intend to buy your own names or hosting, all participants will benefit from an introductory course in WordPress website development and management – content creation, templates, plugins, widgets, users and security. WordPress is free software and throughout the course participants will actively create their own free WordPress website with free hosting (which can be exported and imported to paid hosting at a later stage if desired).
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager are key to understanding how your customers interact with your website and help you monitor your website’s performance.
- Learn how to create relationships with your customers with integrated MailChimp mailing lists and newsletters.
- WooCommerce is the popular WordPress plugin for developing online stores. Learn how to setup WooCommerce, create a store with a sample product, and explore ways in which your business can be paid.
- Finally, no website is complete today without a social media input and presence. Learn how to effectively integrate Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other services with your website to generate an instant automatic and dynamic social media presence for your business.
- Cork ETB & NightSchool.ie https://nightschool.ie/badge, phone 022 43030.
- See full Terms & Conditions.
- More enrolment options.