Early Deadline: Enrolling for Saturdays.
Live Online, 09:00-13:00, from Saturday 24 April for 14 weeks. €490* (€350 conc.)
The overall aim of this course is to provide the learner with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs and to deliver and evaluate a training intervention within a range of training and development contexts.
This special-purpose award includes both training awards:
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 09:00 to 13:00
Duration: 14 Weeks
Starting: Saturday, 24 April 2021
*€490.00 with online discount, €350.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €350.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €300.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Nights: Facebook Live Events every Friday at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.
Enrolment: Early Deadline: Enrol online here before Saturday, 03 April 2021.
- Training Needs Identification and Design
- Examine the internal and external environmental factors influencing training and development requirements.
- Differentiate between the concepts of learning, training, development and education.
- Examine the impact of organisation strategy, policy, vision and mission on training and development.
- Examine the purpose of training and development in an organisational and or individual setting.
- Outline the benefits of training needs analysis at an organisation and or individual level.
- Assess a range of approaches and techniques to conduct a training needs analysis.
- Outline the stages in conducting a training needs analysis.
- Assess a range of Instructional System Design (ISD) models.
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools in identifying the barriers to training and attitudes to training in an organisation.
- Devise a training plan based on prioritised training needs to include a cost benefit analysis.
- Design a training intervention, that incorporates a range of design factors to include trainees, adult learning theories, motivation theories, objectives, exercises, training methods, learning aids, location and facilities.
- Develop appropriate training content and materials using a range of learning aids to include web based facilities, software, flipcharts and handouts.
- Evaluate a range of performance management approaches in the context of identifying training and development needs.
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis(TNA) to identify training and development needs for an organisation and or individual.
- Identify TNA outcomes in terms of gaps in knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Training Delivery and Evaluation
- Outline the concepts and theories underlying the delivery and evaluation of training interventions.
- Explore the elements which impact on the effectiveness of a training session to include, the learning environment, the trainer, learning methodologies and the group dynamics of the participants.
- Demonstrate an awareness of a range of issues to include equality, diversity and disability in the context of current legislation with regard to training provision.
- Appraise a range of evaluation models, approaches, tools and techniques used in the evaluation and monitoring of a training and development intervention.
- Deliver appropriate training content and materials using a range of training aids.
- Formulate appropriate evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session to determine whether or not training needs were met and objectives fulfilled.
- Provide constructive feedback to participants in relation to training intervention.
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised training delivery and evaluation skills in the delivery of an appropriate training intervention.
- Devise a training evaluation process to include the identification of key stakeholders, feedback from the trainee, challenges within the process and the conduct or the methodology of evaluation.
- Select from a range of evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session to determine whether or not training needs were met and objectives fulfilled.
- Report on a training and development evaluation to include the identification of areas of success and of improvement opportunities.
- Report on the impact of a principal of employment law in a chosen vocational area based on a specific court case history.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6S3372 Training and Development, Level 6