Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 28 January for 20 weeks. €490* (€350 conc.)
The overall aim of this course is to provide the learner with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs and to deliver and evaluate a training intervention within a range of training and development contexts.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 20 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 28 January 2021
Price: €500.00, *€490.00 with online discount, €350.00 for Social Welfare, €350.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €300.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Thursday, 07 January 2021.
- Training Delivery and Evaluation
- Training Needs Identification and Design
- Upon successful completion of these, the learner will achieve the required 30 credits for a level 6 QQI Special Purpose course.
- Outline the concepts and theories underlying the delivery and evaluation of training interventions.
- Explore the elements which impact on the effectiveness of a training session to include, the learning environment, the trainer, learning methodologies and the group dynamics of the participants.
- Demonstrate an awareness of a range of issues to include equality, diversity and disability in the context of current legislation with regard to training provision.
- Appraise a range of evaluation models, approaches, tools and techniques used in the evaluation and monitoring of a training and development intervention.
- Deliver appropriate training content and materials using a range of training aids.
- Formulate appropriate evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session to determine whether or not training needs were met and objectives fulfilled.
- Provide constructive feedback to participants in relation to training intervention.
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised training delivery and evaluation skills in the delivery of an appropriate training intervention.
- Devise a training evaluation process to include the identification of key stakeholders, feedback from the trainee, challenges within the process and the conduct or the methodology of evaluation.
- Select from a range of evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session to determine whether or not training needs were met and objectives fulfilled.
- Report on a training and development evaluation to include the identification of areas of success and of improvement opportunities.
- Report on the impact of a principal of employment law in a chosen vocational area based on a specific court case history.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6S3372 Training and Development, Level 6