New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Now enrolling for Summer 2019 in Mallow.
From €235.00* / €175.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to use play as a therapeutic medium in a range of early years and special needs settings to facilitate young people, focusing on children’s specific needs in relation to holistic development.
Ann Daly has a BA in Montessori Education from St. Nicholas Montessori College of Ireland, a Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy from Play Therapy Ireland and NUIG, a Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills from Play Therapy Ireland and NUIG, and a Certificate in Lego Based Therapy from Cambridge University. Ann is owner/manager of Sunvalley Montessori School, a practicing play therapist, a member of Play Therapy Ireland, and a member of St. Nicholas Montessori Teacher Society.
Now enrolling for Summer 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Nights: Monday (or Tuesdays following a public holiday Monday)
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 29 April 2019
Cost: €250.00, *€235.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for Mallow College day students.
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in utilising play as a therapeutic medium in a variety of child settings.
- Appraise therapeutic play theories and their relevance in different settings.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of interpersonal communication to include one to one and group dynamics
- Explore the limits in terms of helping children develop self-control and decision-making and also in terms of personal security and ethical relationship.
- Examine the needs of specific individuals such as children who are bereaved, behavioural issues or those experiencing long term illness or medical care in a hospital setting
- Contribute as an effective member of a team in an early years, education or healthcare setting in adhering to supervisory or management structures and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Design and implement a range of practical play techniques to include the creative expressive therapies of art, drama, music and dance activities
- Manage the planning and preparation of group work to include facilitation of a range of techniques for children and adolescents.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.