New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
€125.00* (€98.00 Social Welfare/OAP).
This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to further develop their artistic skills and explore the process of creating art on a more intensive level. Learners will receive tuition that is based on their individual artistic goals and abilities. Materials Required: A set of brushes, acrylic paints, a rag, a jar, a small photograph which you would like to paint and a canvas.
Times: 19:00 to 21:00
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 6 February 2019
Cost: €125.00 *incl. online discount, €98.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €84.00 for Mallow College day students.
- Observation: Learners will have the opportunity to further develop their observational skills and use these abilities to visually record their observations on paper.
- Painting: A thorough exploration of different methods of using paint and instruction in the understanding of various painting mediums and their individual qualities.
- Colour Theory: An investigation into the nature of colour and light.
- Drawing: Advanced drawing techniques using pencil, charcoal, and ink.
- Introduction to further education in art, funding bodies and art workshops.
- Open class discussions throughout the programme on work in progress.
See full Terms & Conditions.