Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow & Charleville.
From €280.00* / €203.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work in a range of industry sectors independently in a supervisory capacity.
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Charleville. Enrol online today.
Location: Charleville Further Education & Training Centre (formerly Mannix College).
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 08 October 2019
Cost: €290.00, *€280.00 with online discount, €203.00 for Social Welfare (certified courses) and Old Age Pension recipients, €174.00 for Mallow College day students and recent graduates.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Summarise the duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager, to include reference to relevant policies and services in the chosen vocational or work environment.
- Evaluate up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices that affect the work environment, to include the purpose and methods of supervision, the staff code of conduct, advantages and disadvantages of in-house and contract staff, and of membership of professional or trade associations, trade unions and/or a works committee.
- Devise a system for maintaining work-related records, to include operational records, a work roster for operational staff, and a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles.
- Train staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training using appropriate aids and supporting material, and assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session.
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objectives, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.