Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 27 January for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work in a range of industry sectors independently in a supervisory capacity.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 06 January 2021.
- Summarise the duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager, to include reference to relevant policies and services in the chosen vocational or work environment.
- Evaluate up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices that affect the work environment, to include the purpose and methods of supervision, the staff code of conduct, advantages and disadvantages of in-house and contract staff, and of membership of professional or trade associations, trade unions and/or a works committee.
- Devise a system for maintaining work-related records, to include operational records, a work roster for operational staff, and a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles.
- Train staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training using appropriate aids and supporting material, and assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session.
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objectives, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4329 Supervisory Management, Level 6