Online, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 25 January for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to supervise others in providing child care and education in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) contexts.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 25 January 2021
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Monday, 04 January 2021.
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in leadership, supervision and or line management within the early childhood care and education setting.
- Analyse the role and responsibilities of a supervisor in an early childhood care and education setting and the key attributes and skills required, to include communication, time management, organisational skills and knowledge of current legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Explain the role of the supervisor in an early childhood care and education setting in implementing best practice and in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality.
- Develop strategies for overcoming barriers to effective supervision, to include recognition of common challenges and problems when working with individuals and teams, and identification of possible resolutions.
- Implement a range of organisational policies and procedures in an early childhood care and education setting ensuring adherence to best practice and guidelines.
- Utilise a range of supervisory skills to supervise staff in an early childhood care and education setting.
- Delegate and assign work and or tasks to others, monitoring progress and evaluating results.
- Supervise a team in an early childhood care and education setting, to include agreeing a plan and or actions and monitoring and evaluation of progress.
- Critically reflect on own attributes and skills as a supervisor, to include analysis of, time management, communication, organisational skills and achievement of objectives.
- Evaluate learning and or training needs of the team, implementing training plans in line with organisational objectives.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1973 Supervision in Early Childhood Care, Level 6