Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €800.00* / €567.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. This final year of a two-year study programme is designed to prepare learners for employment in accounting departments of commercial, industrial or public sector organisations or in the offices of practicing accountants. It provides a valuable qualification in accounting and… >>
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to supervise others in providing child care and education in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) contexts.
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in leadership, supervision and or line management within the early childhood care and education setting.
- Analyse the role and responsibilities of a supervisor in an early childhood care and education setting and the key attributes and skills required, to include communication, time management, organisational skills and knowledge of current legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Explain the role of the supervisor in an early childhood care and education setting in implementing best practice and in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality.
- Develop strategies for overcoming barriers to effective supervision, to include recognition of common challenges and problems when working with individuals and teams, and identification of possible resolutions.
- Implement a range of organisational policies and procedures in an early childhood care and education setting ensuring adherence to best practice and guidelines.
- Utilise a range of supervisory skills to supervise staff in an early childhood care and education setting.
- Delegate and assign work and or tasks to others, monitoring progress and evaluating results.
- Supervise a team in an early childhood care and education setting, to include agreeing a plan and or actions and monitoring and evaluation of progress.
- Critically reflect on own attributes and skills as a supervisor, to include analysis of, time management, communication, organisational skills and achievement of objectives.
- Evaluate learning and or training needs of the team, implementing training plans in line with organisational objectives.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.