Monday Tuesday Wednesday Barbering & Beauty Barbering for Beginners €265 Online, €196 Welfare/OAP, €168 Day Student. Mon 11 Feb. 12 Weeks. Gel Nails €195 Online, €147 Welfare/OAP, €126 Day Student. Tue 12 Feb. 8 Weeks. Barbering QQI Level 5 (Advanced Barbering) €315 Online, €231 Welfare/OAP, €198 Day Student. Wed 13 Feb. 12 Weeks. Body Massage… >>
€225.00* (€168.00 Social Welfare/OAP).
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the learner to work effectively under direction in a special needs capacity.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 29 January 2019
Cost: €225.00 *incl. online discount, €168.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €144.00 for Mallow College day students.
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in course fee.
- Explore the role and responsibilities, qualities and skills of the Special Needs Assistant (SNA).
- Examine the relevant legislation in relation to disability.
- Explore the rights of children with disabilities in relation to personal autonomy, participation and decision making.
- Relate effectively and appropriately to children who present with additional needs.
- To enable the learner to select and apply care routines in feeding, toileting and general hygiene.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with children, parents, primary carers, teachers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To assist the learner in working effectively with children who present with disabilities under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- Assist children with disabilities in a range of activities, ensuring equality of opportunity through working in a safe and professional manner.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2019 will take place at on Monday 14th January, 2019 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.