New for Spring 2019. €205.00* (€154.00 Social Welfare/OAP). This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain payroll records manually and on computer in a small to medium sized organisation. Location: Charleville Further Education & Training Centre (formerly Mannix College) See Also: Mallow College of Further Education… >>
New for Spring 2019.
€255.00* (€189.00 Social Welfare/OAP).
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively and offer support to a physiotherapist in a clinical environment.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 28 January 2019
Cost: €255.00 *incl. online discount, €189.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €162.00 for Mallow College day students.
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in course fee.
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of a physiotherapy assistant and of a chartered physiotherapist.
- Explain the role of important anatomical systems.
- Apply knowledge gained to recognise a range of common medical conditions.
- Practice the skills required to support the client in all aspects of the physiotherapy intervention.
- Identify the skills required to support therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions.
- Practice therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions.
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in physiotherapy interventions.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a physiotherapy assistant to include own strengths and weakness.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care and support.
See full Terms & Conditions.