Monday Tuesday Wednesday Barbering & Beauty Barbering for Beginners €265 Online, €196 Welfare/OAP, €168 Day Student. Mon 11 Feb. 12 Weeks. Gel Nails €195 Online, €147 Welfare/OAP, €126 Day Student. Tue 12 Feb. 8 Weeks. Barbering QQI Level 5 (Advanced Barbering) €315 Online, €231 Welfare/OAP, €198 Day Student. Wed 13 Feb. 12 Weeks. Body Massage… >>
€225.00* (€168.00 Social Welfare/OAP).
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to prevent and control infection within the health services area.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 29 January 2019
Cost: €225.00 *incl. online discount, €168.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €144.00 for Mallow College day students.
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in course fee.
- Explain the basic principles of infection and the application of standard precautions in relation to infection control, to include the significance of an Area of Infection Control.
- Discuss the importance of infection prevention and control in the healthcare area, in providing a healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Summarise the various types of microorganisms, the elements required for the growth, spread and subsequent infection process, to include direct and indirect contact, knowledge of the chain of infection and the need for vigilance and safe practice at all times.
- Analyse the predisposing factors to the development of healthcare-acquired infections to include contact precautions, respiratory precautions and enteric precautions.
- Discuss the role and functions of the local infection control team members, to include local policy in relation to dress, staff health and travel associated infections.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2019 will take place at on Monday 14th January, 2019 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.