New for Spring 2019. €205.00* (€154.00 Social Welfare/OAP). This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain payroll records manually and on computer in a small to medium sized organisation. Location: Charleville Further Education & Training Centre (formerly Mannix College) See Also: Mallow College of Further Education… >>
New for Spring 2019.
€205.00* (€154.00 Social Welfare/OAP).
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the learner to work effectively under direction in a special needs capacity.
Location: Charleville Further Education & Training Centre (formerly Mannix College)
See Also: Mallow College of Further Education
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 28 February 2019
Cost: €220.00, *€205.00 with online discount, €154.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €132.00 for Mallow College day students.
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in course fee.
- Explore the role and responsibilities, qualities and skills of the Special Needs Assistant (SNA).
- Examine the relevant legislation in relation to disability.
- Explore the rights of children with disabilities in relation to personal autonomy, participation and decision making.
- Relate effectively and appropriately to children who present with additional needs.
- To enable the learner to select and apply care routines in feeding, toileting and general hygiene.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with children, parents, primary carers, teachers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To assist the learner in working effectively with children who present with disabilities under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- Assist children with disabilities in a range of activities, ensuring equality of opportunity through working in a safe and professional manner.
See full Terms & Conditions.