Monday Tuesday Wednesday Barbering & Beauty Barbering for Beginners €265 Online, €196 Welfare/OAP, €168 Day Student. Mon 11 Feb. 12 Weeks. Gel Nails €195 Online, €147 Welfare/OAP, €126 Day Student. Tue 12 Feb. 8 Weeks. Barbering QQI Level 5 (Advanced Barbering) €315 Online, €231 Welfare/OAP, €198 Day Student. Wed 13 Feb. 12 Weeks. Body Massage… >>
New for Spring 2019.
€285.00* (€210.00 Social Welfare/OAP).
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work autonomously and independently in carrying out figure analysis and body massage treatments.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 14 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 13 February 2019
Cost: €285.00 *incl. online discount, €210.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €180.00 for Mallow College day students.
QQI Certification fee of €20 is included in course fee.
- Examine the reasons for and methods of consultation, figure diagnosis and analysis.
- Explain the relevance of medical history, medications taken and lifestyle, to body massage treatments.
- Identify indications, contra-indications and contraactions to treatments.
- Explain the importance of referral procedures.
- Describe postural defects and describe the different body types.
- Explain the concept of body massage and the principles underpinning good massage practice.
- Explore the history and development of massage techniques to include Swedish body massage.
- Differentiate between the uses and effects of the five classical massage movements.
- Outline the physiological and psychological benefits and effects of massage treatments on the body systems.
- Identify the position and action of the main muscle groups of the body.
- Explore the effects, benefits and uses of pre-heat treatments.
- Carry out a consultation to identify suitable massage treatments.
Information/Enrolment for Evening Education Programmes for Spring 2019 will take place at on Monday 14th January, 2019 from 7 to 8pm at Mallow College, West End, Mallow. Tutors will available to discuss courses on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder to Facebook.
See full Terms & Conditions.