New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €255.00* / €189.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to apply the theory and procedures underpinning the practice of speech and language therapy.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 24 September 2019
Cost: €270.00, *€255.00 with online discount, €189.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €162.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the speech and language therapy assistant.
- Analyse the influences of cognition, perception and behavioural factors on receptive and expressive communication.
- Explain the process of speech and language therapy.
- Investigate the need to provide supports to enhance and enable interpersonal communication.
- Examine the role of the speech and language therapy assistant in safe management of eating and drinking disorders.
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in speech and language therapy.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness group dynamics and group processes in therapy.
- Adapt information to assist the speech and language therapist in the preparation and implementation of therapeutic programmes.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.