This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to apply the theory and procedures underpinning the practice of speech and language therapy.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the speech and language therapy assistant.
- Analyse the influences of cognition, perception and behavioural factors on receptive and expressive communication.
- Explain the process of speech and language therapy.
- Investigate the need to provide supports to enhance and enable interpersonal communication.
- Examine the role of the speech and language therapy assistant in safe management of eating and drinking disorders.
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in speech and language therapy.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness group dynamics and group processes in therapy.
- Adapt information to assist the speech and language therapist in the preparation and implementation of therapeutic programmes.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.