New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €225.00* / €168.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the theory and practice underpinning the education and care of those who present with special educational needs to enable the learner to assist in the provision of this education and care.
Siobhan Howard is a primary school teacher based in North Cork. Siobhan graduated with an Honours BA Degree in Education and Childhood Studies from Glyndwr University of Wales in 2011 and from Hibernia College with a Postgraduate Degree in Primary School Teaching in 2013.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 24 September 2019
Cost: €240.00, *€225.00 with online discount, €168.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €144.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Evaluate the provision of education for people with special educational needs with reference to current legislation.
- Examine relevant theories, skills and processes relevant to curriculum implementation.
- Explore the differences between integration and inclusion.
- Evaluate the importance of the multidisciplinary team in devising Individual Education Plans Analyse skills that can be used to aid the teacher in the administration of the national curriculum.
- Assess interventions and behaviour management techniques that may be used in the learning environment.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.