Now enrolling for Mondays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 27 September for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
Childhood Social Legal and Health Studies QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate 6N1945
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the social and legislative environment of early childhood care and education, to enable the learner to devise, implement and evaluate policies and procedures that support the health and wellbeing of children in the provision and delivery of service, when working autonomously in an early childhood care and education setting.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Monday, 27 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Accepting late applications from Monday, 13 September 2021.|
- Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on children’s health and wellbeing to include family structure, community, culture, education, health, social services and social status.
- Evaluate child protection guidelines in relation to the protection of children and staff.
- Assess statutory regulations and national practice guidelines, which relate directly to and impact on early childhood care and education settings.
- Examine national and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families.
- Devise a range of policies and procedures relevant to early childhood care and education settings, ensuring adherence to legislation and national practice guidelines.
- Evaluate the relevance of policies and procedures which safeguard children within early childhood care and education settings.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1945 Childhood Social Legal and Health Studies, Level 6
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 8pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.