Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 28 January for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the social and legislative environment of early childhood care and education, to enable the learner to devise, implement and evaluate policies and procedures that support the health and wellbeing of children in the provision and delivery of service, when working autonomously in an early childhood care and education setting.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 28 January 2021
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Thursday, 07 January 2021.
- Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on children’s health and wellbeing to include family structure, community, culture, education, health, social services and social status.
- Evaluate child protection guidelines in relation to the protection of children and staff.
- Assess statutory regulations and national practice guidelines, which relate directly to and impact on early childhood care and education settings.
- Examine national and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families.
- Devise a range of policies and procedures relevant to early childhood care and education settings, ensuring adherence to legislation and national practice guidelines.
- Evaluate the relevance of policies and procedures which safeguard children within early childhood care and education settings.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1945 Childhood Social Legal and Health Studies, Level 6