The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the social and legislative environment of early childhood care and education, to enable the learner to devise, implement and evaluate policies and procedures that support the health and wellbeing of children in the provision and delivery of service, when working autonomously in an early childhood care and education setting.
- Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on children’s health and wellbeing to include family structure, community, culture, education, health, social services and social status.
- Evaluate child protection guidelines in relation to the protection of children and staff.
- Assess statutory regulations and national practice guidelines, which relate directly to and impact on early childhood care and education settings.
- Examine national and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families.
- Devise a range of policies and procedures relevant to early childhood care and education settings, ensuring adherence to legislation and national practice guidelines.
- Evaluate the relevance of policies and procedures which safeguard children within early childhood care and education settings.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.