New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €225.00* / €168.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the social and legislative environment of early childhood care and education, to enable the learner to devise, implement and evaluate policies and procedures that support the health and wellbeing of children in the provision and delivery of service, when working autonomously in an early childhood care and education setting.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 23 September 2019
Cost: €240.00, *€225.00 with online discount, €168.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €144.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on children’s health and wellbeing to include family structure, community, culture, education, health, social services and social status.
- Evaluate child protection guidelines in relation to the protection of children and staff.
- Assess statutory regulations and national practice guidelines, which relate directly to and impact on early childhood care and education settings.
- Examine national and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families.
- Devise a range of policies and procedures relevant to early childhood care and education settings, ensuring adherence to legislation and national practice guidelines.
- Evaluate the relevance of policies and procedures which safeguard children within early childhood care and education settings.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.