Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Monday-Wednesday starting 25 September 2023 for 12 weeks. €250* (€175 conc.)
Special Needs Assisting QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate 6N1957
Study with the largest statutory QQI SNA training provider in Ireland – QQI.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the theory and practice underpinning the education and care of those who present with special educational needs to enable the learner to assist in the provision of this education and care.
SNA Advanced Classes
|Nights||Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Online – (Tuesday also available onsite in Charleville)|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Week of Monday, 25 January 2023|
|Location||Remote & On Campus in Charleville
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online before Monday, 18 September 2023|
QQI 6N1957 Special Needs Assisting, Level 6 (part of 6M2007)
- Evaluate the provision of education for people with special educational needs with reference to current legislation.
- Examine relevant theories, skills and processes relevant to curriculum implementation.
- Explore the differences between integration and inclusion.
- Evaluate the importance of the multidisciplinary team in devising Individual Education Plans Analyse skills that can be used to aid the teacher in the administration of the national curriculum.
- Assess interventions and behaviour management techniques that may be used in the learning environment.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N1957 Special Needs Assisting, Level 6
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- Must have complete QQI Level 5 Special Needs Assisting.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Niamh is both a day and night teacher with Cork ETB teaching on the Early Years Programmes. Niamh has a Post Graduate Diploma in Adult and Further Education, an Honours Degree in Early Childhood and prior to this completed QQI level 5 & 6 in Early Childhood Care and Education. At Nightschool.ie Niamh specialises in tutoring Special Needs modules and thoroughly enjoys working with learners from a range of backgrounds. Niamh has vast experience in working with both children and adults with a wide variety of abilities and is passionate about inclusive education and educating learners to be advocates for children and people with additional needs. She believes that through learning, practice and engagement, learners can empower each and every child to be the best they can be.
- QQI http://www.qqi.ie.
- See full Terms & Conditions