Now enrolling for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 20 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in a work environment.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- To create an awareness of safety and health issues in the workplace.
- To familiarise the learner with the responsibilities and duties of the employer and employee with regard to health and safety.
- To develop skills in identifying hazards and carry out risk assessments.
- To familiarise the learner with the relevant national legislation and statutory bodies.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1794 Safety and Health at Work, Level 5