Now enrolling for Tuesdays.
Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 26 January for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in a work environment.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Onsite: Scheduled onsite exam(s) at Mallow College.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 26 January 2021
Price: €175.00, *€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- To create an awareness of safety and health issues in the workplace.
- To familiarise the learner with the responsibilities and duties of the employer and employee with regard to health and safety.
- To develop skills in identifying hazards and carry out risk assessments.
- To familiarise the learner with the relevant national legislation and statutory bodies.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1794 Safety and Health at Work, Level 5