Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 30 September for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to carry out reception related tasks and operations as a front line representative in a range of organisations.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?
Scheduled socially-distanced assessments at Mallow College of Further Education, Fermoy FET Centre, or Charleville FET Centre (formerly Mannix College).
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Price: €200.00, *€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 16 September 2020.
- Examine the skills, functions and responsibilities of a receptionist or front line office representative within an organisation.
- Outline the products, services, key policies, structures and personnel of an organisation.
- Explore the range of telecommunications network equipment used within a reception and or front office context, to include, telephone management systems, electronic directories and computer networks.
- Plan a reception layout and describe office equipment in the reception area.
- Apply a range of communication skills including personal, interpersonal and technological proficiencies using effective tone, pitch, use of voice and body language.
- Operate a range of equipment in the reception area to include a telecommunications system, an intercom, pager, a computerised data entry system, electronic diary, photocopier, scanner, fax machine and postal automation equipment.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1407 Reception and Frontline Office Skills, Level 5