Now enrolling for Wednesdays. Early Deadline: Enrolling for Saturdays.
Online, Wednesdays 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 21 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to carry out reception related tasks and operations as a front line representative in a range of organisations.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Wednesday classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 21 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- Examine the skills, functions and responsibilities of a receptionist or front line office representative within an organisation.
- Outline the products, services, key policies, structures and personnel of an organisation.
- Explore the range of telecommunications network equipment used within a reception and or front office context, to include, telephone management systems, electronic directories and computer networks.
- Plan a reception layout and describe office equipment in the reception area.
- Apply a range of communication skills including personal, interpersonal and technological proficiencies using effective tone, pitch, use of voice and body language.
- Operate a range of equipment in the reception area to include a telecommunications system, an intercom, pager, a computerised data entry system, electronic diary, photocopier, scanner, fax machine and postal automation equipment.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1407 Reception and Frontline Office Skills, Level 5