This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the role, functions and techniques of public relations within a range of contexts.
- Explore the Public Relations Profession, its main historical origins, definitions, theories, codes of ethics and its application and relevance in modern society.
- Analyse the specific role of Public Relations and its relationship with other communications professions including marketing advertising, sales promotion and journalism.
- Examine the Public Relations environments of inhouse departments and consultancy and the commonalities and differences in services offered.
- Analyse the key criteria for developing and managing Public Relations proposals and campaigns, to include, situation analysis, identification of key publics and objectives, selecting relevant activities, evaluating outtake/outcomes and appreciation of costs.
- Examine Public Relations Practice to include – media relations, sponsorship, managing events, corporate communications, internal communications, crisis management.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.