The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to link an introductory understanding of psychological perspectives with practical therapeutic applications and the development of psychology as a discipline.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.
Not running this term for Mallow. Sign up for future course notifications.
NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 05 February 2020
Price: €260.00, *€250.00 with online discount, €182.00 for Social Welfare, €182.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €156.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students.
- Explain the main features, characteristics, core principles and concepts of two of the major psychological perspectives.
- Identify the main therapies, interventions, practical and ethical boundaries of each psychological perspective within care and other settings.
- Explain how each perspective contributes to an understanding of individual and group behaviour.
- Gain an understanding of the research methods and ethical issues involved in the study of psychology.
- Apply theory and research to work practice with due regards for ethics.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0754 Psychology, Level 5