Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 30 January for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
Psychology QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N0754
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to link an introductory understanding of psychological perspectives with practical therapeutic applications and the development of psychology as a discipline.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Monday, 30 January 2023|
|Assessment||Exam for this subject will take place on Saturday, 22 April onsite in Mallow Campus.|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
||Enrol online before Monday, 23 January 2023|
- Explain the main features, characteristics, core principles and concepts of two of the major psychological perspectives.
- Identify the main therapies, interventions, practical and ethical boundaries of each psychological perspective within care and other settings.
- Explain how each perspective contributes to an understanding of individual and group behaviour.
- Gain an understanding of the research methods and ethical issues involved in the study of psychology.
- Apply theory and research to work practice with due regards for ethics.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0754 Psychology, Level 5
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).