Online, 09:00-12:00, from Saturday 24 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to link an introductory understanding of psychological perspectives with practical therapeutic applications and the development of psychology as a discipline.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 09:00 to 12:00
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Saturday, 24 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Nights: Facebook Live Events every Friday at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.
Enrolment: Early Deadline: Enrol online here before Saturday, 03 April 2021.
- Explain the main features, characteristics, core principles and concepts of two of the major psychological perspectives.
- Identify the main therapies, interventions, practical and ethical boundaries of each psychological perspective within care and other settings.
- Explain how each perspective contributes to an understanding of individual and group behaviour.
- Gain an understanding of the research methods and ethical issues involved in the study of psychology.
- Apply theory and research to work practice with due regards for ethics.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0754 Psychology, Level 5