New Course. Now enrolling for Thursdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 30 September for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
Master digital presentations, using Google Slides, Microsoft Office, and other interactive tools, for either live online presentations, recorded video, or onsite talks.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to plan, prepare and deliver a digital presentation and to gather and present information using modern presentation techniques.
Access to all online software is provided as part of the course.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Thursday, 30 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Thursday, 16 September 2021.|
- Identify potential target audience and the implications of presenting to this group.
- Devise and implement an overall strategy for researching a topic.
- Examine material requirements for presentation production.
- Evaluate the implications of choice of venue to include power points, lighting, room size, audience size, ventilation, heating and visual restrictors.
- Analyse the characteristics of good body image.
- Critically analyse other presentations.
- Manipulate slide and text layout using common editing and formatting tools.
- Use a range of features to include, hide, show, delete and reorganise slides.
- Print presentation as delegate handouts, presenter’s notes, presentation outline or acetates.
- Apply and preview animation effects.
- Apply design themes and background styles.
- Manipulate table and charts in slides.
- Install a digital data projector for the purpose of presentation of delivery.
- Apply transitions and set timing for slides.
- Add footer, date and numbering information.
- Add pictures, Clip Art, WordArt, SmartArt graphics and implement drawing tools.
- Add video clips, audio clips and hyperlinks.
- Manipulate slides through master views: slide master, handout master and notes master.
- Create a new template on which to base new presentations.
- Gather information using one or more commonly recognised research methods and techniques to include fieldwork, surveys, documentary sources, experiment and interview.
- Ensure presentation content is accurately and clearly presented using an effective and appropriate layout.
- Deliver the presentation without over-reliance on script or screen, ensuring that eye contact is an important aspect of the delivery.
- Consider the importance and relevance of colour choice, making sure text contrasts with the background so that the presentation is easily legible.
- Utilise positive voice projection, identifying the importance of breathing, use the correct pitch, varying voice tones and speed of talking.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N0563 Digital Presentations, Level 5
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.