The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence of presentation software and communication skills that can be used in a business and training environment.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.
- Appraise the importance of effective professional presentation in a business and training environment.
- Value powerful visual presentation using sophisticated presentation skills in a business and training environment.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of presentation software so that presentations can be created, managed and delivered.
- Evaluate cognitive learning theories and methods such as auditory, visual, kinesthetic styles of learning.
- Utilise design and planning tools to facilitate communication, engagement and learning by the target audience.
- Utilise multimedia tools and visual aids to include charts, diagrams, graphs, images, audio files, to ensure objectives of the presentation are achieved.
- Troubleshoot macros and templates to design a coherent presentation.
- Research the context and content of the material/data to be presented and the profile of the target audience.
- Supervise facilities and resources so that presentations can be delivered within optimum presentation conditions.
- Utilise assistive technology to ensure all members of the audience are engaged with all communications.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4006 Professional Presentation, Level 6