Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday, 27 September 2022 for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
Early Care and Education Practice QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N1770
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Early Childhood Care and Education practice to enable the learner to work under direction with children, their families and colleagues within early childhood care and education setting (ECCE).
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Tuesday, 27 September 2022|
For subjects with Exams included. All exams will take place onsite on Saturday December 10th or Saturday December 17th.
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
||Enrol Online before Monday, 19 September 2022|
- To familiarise the learner with the historical development of the ECCE sector in Ireland, the relevant legislation and policies pertaining to a quality ECCE environment.
- To understand the importance of self-awareness, personal reflection and reflective practice in relation to working in an ECCE setting.
- To understand the importance of effective communication with families, children and colleagues and effective teamwork in an ECCE setting.
- To familiarise the learner with the policies and practices relating to the Rights of the Child and promoting equality and diversity in an ECCE setting.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1770 Early Care and Education Practice, Level 5
- Please note that this is the last semester in which we will be offering these courses online. In January 2022 we return to the classroom only.
- This award is being deactivated and only learners who complete by June 2023 will be certified under the new award. It is only available to learners who have already started one or more of the 5M2009 award modules.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).