Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 28 September for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
Early Childhood Education and Play QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N1773
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to ensure that each child’s learning, development and well-being is facilitated through the provision of opportunities, experiences, activities, interaction, materials and equipment.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Wednesday, 28 September 2022|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol Online before Monday, 19 September|
QQI 5N1773 Early Childhood Education and Play, Level 5 (part of 5M4339, 5M2009)
- Outline the types, stages patterns and purposes of children’s play.
- Describe a range of theories of play in the context of children’s education to include Psychoanalytic theories (Freud, Winnicott) and Constructivist theories (Piaget, Vygotsky).
- Evaluate the role of the adult in children’s play.
- Explore a child lead approach to meeting the play and educational requirements of children.
- Describe different approaches to curriculum development and implementation in the ECCE setting.
- Assess the value of equipment, materials, play spaces, both indoors and outdoor in the ECCE setting.
- Use a range of reading and storytelling techniques appropriate to different stages of children’s development and cultural background.
- Select relevant play activities and materials appropriate to children’s interest and stage of development and cultural background.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1773 Early Childhood Education and Play, Level 5
- Please note that this is the last semester in which we will be offering these courses online. In January 2022 we return to the classroom only.
- This award is being deactivated and only learners who complete by June 2023 will be certified under the new award. It is only available to learners who have already started one or more of the 5M2009 award modules.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
- QQI http://www.qqi.ie.
- See full Terms & Conditions.