New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €255.00* / €189.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively and offer support to a physiotherapist in a clinical environment.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 23 September 2019
Cost: €270.00, *€255.00 with online discount, €189.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €162.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of a physiotherapy assistant and of a chartered physiotherapist.
- Explain the role of important anatomical systems.
- Apply knowledge gained to recognise a range of common medical conditions.
- Practice the skills required to support the client in all aspects of the physiotherapy intervention.
- Identify the skills required to support therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions.
- Practice therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions.
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in physiotherapy interventions.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a physiotherapy assistant to include own strengths and weakness.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care and support.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.