Related: Train the Trainer, Training and Development: QQI Level 6 Palliative Care Support: QQI Level 5 After School Support: QQI Level 5 Care Support: QQI Level 5 5M4339 Health Care Support: QQI Level 5 Certificate
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively and offer support to a physiotherapist in a clinical environment.
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of a physiotherapy assistant and of a chartered physiotherapist.
- Explain the role of important anatomical systems.
- Apply knowledge gained to recognise a range of common medical conditions.
- Practice the skills required to support the client in all aspects of the physiotherapy intervention.
- Identify the skills required to support therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions.
- Practice therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions.
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in physiotherapy interventions.
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a physiotherapy assistant to include own strengths and weakness.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care and support.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.