Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 30 January for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
Payroll Manual and Computerised (Thesaurus for Windows) QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate 6N4005
The purpose of this award is to offer learners an opportunity to follow on from their learning at Level 5 Payroll.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to record, edit, interpret, analyse and process payroll data using manual and computerised systems within an organisation.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Monday, 30 January 2023|
|Assessment||Onsite exam on Saturday 22 April 2023 on Mallow Campus.|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol Online before Monday, 23 January 2023|
QQI 6N4005 Payroll Manual and Computerised, Level 6
- Interpret the main provisions of a range of legislation and regulations relating to working time.
- Analyse a range of documentation an employee may receive from the Revenue Commissioners.
- Analyse the effectiveness of online Services, offered by the Revenue Commissioners, for both employee and employer.
- Complete all appropriate employer tax return forms manually.
- Illustrate how an overpayment and underpayment of tax and Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) can occur as a result of changes in tax credits and various thresholds.
- Demonstrate how to deal with mid-year scenarios to include; employee starting work for the first time, employee changing employment and leaving employment.
- Enter employee data and the organisation payroll parameters from data supplied on a computerised payroll system.
- Process the payroll manually for employees taxed in accordance with the normal, temporary and emergency tax systems from a range of data supplied to include; regular pay, bonus, commission, overtime, holidays, benefit-in-kind, travel pass, health cover, sick pay, statutory redundancy, unpaid leave, reimbursed expenses, pension, statutory and nonstatutory deductions.
- Process the payroll electronically for employees taxed in accordance with the normal, temporary and emergency tax systems for a minimum of two pay periods from data supplied to include; regular pay, bonus, commission, overtime, holidays, benefit-inkind, travel pass, health cover, sick pay, statutory redundancy, unpaid leave, reimbursed expenses, pension, statutory and non-statutory deductions.
- Demonstrate how to edit employee records to include amending error(s) generated in a previous pay period.
- Print a selection of reports and documents to include; end-of-period and or end-of-year tax return forms, payslips and relevant management reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
- Analyse management reports generated electronically. Assessment General Information All assessment should be planned.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4005 Payroll Manual and Computerised, Level 6
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- Learners must have completed the Level 5 5N1546 award, or have equivalent experience, and have a working knowledge of Thesaurus.
- A Windows PC or laptop is a requirement for running Thesaurus software at home.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
- QQI http://www.qqi.ie.
- See full Terms & Conditions.