Payroll Manual and Computerised QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N1546
This programme is suitable for individuals who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain payroll records manually and on computer in a small to medium sized organisation.
|Enrolment||Closed this term for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Wednesday, 29 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Sign up for future course notifications.|
- Explain the key terminology associated with personal taxation in preparing and maintaining payroll records both manually and on the computer.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for payroll processing purposes.
- Process the payroll for employee(s), using manual and computerised systems, under the cumulative tax system, to include; various elements of gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, cut-off points, credits, all statutory and non-statutory deductions.
- Process the payroll for employee(s), under the emergency and temporary tax systems and subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system.
- Demonstrate the changes in personal tax due to various factors to include; mid-year commencement and leaving of employment, changes in credits, refunds.
- Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary mid-year and year end tax forms for employees.
- Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary end-of-period and year end returns and tax forms for the Revenue Commissioners.
- Assess the effect of using alternative assessment methods to calculate the annual tax liability of married couples.
- Analyse the impact of changes in legislation on personal tax and take-home pay by comparing two tax years.
- Print a selection of reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1546 Payroll Manual and Computerised, Level 5
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- A Windows PC or laptop is a requirement for running Thesaurus software.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).