Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 28 January for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to record, edit, interpret, analyse and process payroll data using manual and computerised systems within an organisation.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- Learners will have ideally completed a level 5 award in the subject area, or equivalent.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 28 January 2021
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Thursday, 07 January 2021.
- Interpret the main provisions of a range of legislation and regulations relating to working time.
- Analyse a range of documentation an employee may receive from the Revenue Commissioners.
- Analyse the effectiveness of online Services, offered by the Revenue Commissioners, for both employee and employer.
- Complete all appropriate employer tax return forms manually.
- Illustrate how an overpayment and underpayment of tax and Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) can occur as a result of changes in tax credits and various thresholds.
- Demonstrate how to deal with mid-year scenarios to include; employee starting work for the first time, employee changing employment and leaving employment.
- Enter employee data and the organisation payroll parameters from data supplied on a computerised payroll system.
- Process the payroll manually for employees taxed in accordance with the normal, temporary and emergency tax systems from a range of data supplied to include; regular pay, bonus, commission, overtime, holidays, benefit-in-kind, travel pass, health cover, sick pay, statutory redundancy, unpaid leave, reimbursed expenses, pension, statutory and nonstatutory deductions.
- Process the payroll electronically for employees taxed in accordance with the normal, temporary and emergency tax systems for a minimum of two pay periods from data supplied to include; regular pay, bonus, commission, overtime, holidays, benefit-inkind, travel pass, health cover, sick pay, statutory redundancy, unpaid leave, reimbursed expenses, pension, statutory and non-statutory deductions.
- Demonstrate how to edit employee records to include amending error(s) generated in a previous pay period.
- Print a selection of reports and documents to include; end-of-period and or end-of-year tax return forms, payslips and relevant management reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
- Analyse management reports generated electronically. Assessment General Information All assessment should be planned.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N4005 Payroll Manual and Computerised, Level 6