Now enrolling for Wednesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 29 September for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
Palliative Care Support QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N3769
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to enable them to care for and address the needs of a person and their family after the diagnosis of a life-limiting illness, in a dignified, inclusive and holistic manner.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Wednesday, 29 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Accepting late applications from Wednesday, 15 September 2021.|
- Discuss the philosophy and principles of palliative care.
- Summarise the structure and organisation of palliative care services to include the role played by the multi-disciplinary team and diverse family structures in the provision of care for a terminally ill person.
- Discuss the role of the support worker in the promotion of key issues such as life quality, selfesteem, respect, privacy and dignity in palliative care work.
- Explore different attitudes to death and dying to include an understanding of individual patterns of grief, bereavement and loss.
- Employ a range of communication strategies and processes which are central to the work in palliative care.
- Apply a person-centered approach to caring for a person in the last days of their life to include the provision of supportive and holistic care promoting safety, dignity, respect and comfort.
- Respond appropriately to the needs of the person who is confused in the last days of life.
- Work effectively and with great sensitivity in relation to the dying person and their significant others in a palliative care setting.
- Use the range of skills required from a palliative support worker in relation to end of life care.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N3769 Palliative Care Support, Level 5
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 8pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.