Now enrolling for Tuesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 01 February for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N2706
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to meet the full range of needs of older people in a variety of care settings.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Tuesday, 01 February 2022|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Tuesday, 18 January 2022.|
- Discuss a range of age related issues to include healthy ageing, global and national demographic trends, the normal physiological and psychological processes of ageing, the social impact of ageing on older people and differing attitudes to ageing and older people.
- Analyse the roles of the health care assistant in promoting positive attitudes to ageing and of statutory and voluntary agencies in promoting the well being of older people.
- Examine a range of concepts and practices to include preparation for retirement and the ethnic and cultural influences on the older person.
- Explore a range of older people’s needs to include physical, social, emotional, psychological, recreational, financial, environmental and spiritual needs.
- Summarise the role of the health care assistant in providing care for older people.
- Discuss the issues related to an older person with mental illness or dementia and of living with chronic illness.
- Recognise the individual needs of the dying older person and their families.
- Summarise the range of the care settings for older people and the members of the healthcare team available in each care setting.
- Explore a range of specific services that are available for older people to include education, lifelong learning, retirement/the workplace and leisure.
- Analyse current approaches towards developing quality in the provision of services for older people and their families to include standards and quality assurance.
- Employ effective communication with the older person, their family and the multi disciplinary team.
- Adapt care and practices to meet the needs of older people with cognitive and sensory impairment and physical disabilities.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N2706 Care of the Older Person, Level 5
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.