This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €240.00* / €175.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the nutritional composition of food and the effects of food and nutrition on an individual’s health and personal well-being.
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Enrol online today.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 30 September 2019
Cost: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare (certified courses) and Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for Mallow College day students and recent graduates.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- To understand the importance of healthy eating and its benefits to good health.
- To be able to identify the components of a healthy diet for all age groups.
- To understand the process of digestion and the factors that affect it.
- Appreciate the role of food and its significance in the management of various conditions and diseases.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.