Now enrolling for Thursdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Thursday 22 April for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the nutritional composition of food and the effects of food and nutrition on an individual’s health and personal well-being.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Thursday, 22 April 2021
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
- To understand the importance of healthy eating and its benefits to good health.
- To be able to identify the components of a healthy diet for all age groups.
- To understand the process of digestion and the factors that affect it.
- Appreciate the role of food and its significance in the management of various conditions and diseases.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N2006 Nutrition, Level 5