Mallow College of Further Education, 18:30-21:30, from Monday 27 January for 12 weeks. €250* (€182 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the nutritional composition of food and the effects of food and nutrition on an individual’s health and personal well-being.
Is this course for me?
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.
Now enrolling for Mallow. Enrol online today.
NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Monday, 27 January 2020
Price: €260.00, *€250.00 with online discount, €182.00 for Social Welfare, €182.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €156.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students.
- To understand the importance of healthy eating and its benefits to good health.
- To be able to identify the components of a healthy diet for all age groups.
- To understand the process of digestion and the factors that affect it.
- Appreciate the role of food and its significance in the management of various conditions and diseases.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N2006 Nutrition, Level 5