Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday 28 September for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the range of medical terminology applicable and relevant specifically to a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital context.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Tuesday, 28 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Tuesday, 14 September 2021.|
- To facilitate the learner to develop proficiency in analysing, constructing, recognizing, spelling and pronouncing medical terminology.
- To facilitate the learner to use medical terminology appropriately and professionally within the communication process and systems of healthcare.
- To enable the learner to explore legislative policies associated with the healthcare services and the sources of information available to the medical secretary.
- To facilitate the learner to develop writing and organisational skills in the preparation of medical reports.
- Examine a range of medical terminology required by a medical receptionist or secretary within a general medical practice and or specialist medical practice context.
- Explore current relevant legislation regarding health services in Ireland.
- Describe the sources of information available to the medical receptionist or secretary.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N2428 Medical Terminology, Level 5
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).