Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 27 January for 12 weeks. €190* (€140 conc.)
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the range of medical terminology applicable and relevant specifically to a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital context.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Price: €200.00, *€190.00 with online discount, €140.00 for Social Welfare, €140.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €120.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 06 January 2021.
- To facilitate the learner to develop proficiency in analysing, constructing, recognizing, spelling and pronouncing medical terminology.
- To facilitate the learner to use medical terminology appropriately and professionally within the communication process and systems of healthcare.
- To enable the learner to explore legislative policies associated with the healthcare services and the sources of information available to the medical secretary.
- To facilitate the learner to develop writing and organisational skills in the preparation of medical reports.
- Examine a range of medical terminology required by a medical receptionist or secretary within a general medical practice and or specialist medical practice context.
- Explore current relevant legislation regarding health services in Ireland.
- Describe the sources of information available to the medical receptionist or secretary.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N2428 Medical Terminology, Level 5