New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €255.00* / €189.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The aim of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the range of medical terminology applicable and relevant specifically to a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital context.
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 25 September 2019
Cost: €270.00, *€255.00 with online discount, €189.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €162.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- To facilitate the learner to develop proficiency in analysing, constructing, recognizing, spelling and pronouncing medical terminology.
- To facilitate the learner to use medical terminology appropriately and professionally within the communication process and systems of healthcare.
- To enable the learner to explore legislative policies associated with the healthcare services and the sources of information available to the medical secretary.
- To facilitate the learner to develop writing and organisational skills in the preparation of medical reports.
- Examine a range of medical terminology required by a medical receptionist or secretary within a general medical practice and or specialist medical practice context.
- Explore current relevant legislation regarding health services in Ireland.
- Describe the sources of information available to the medical receptionist or secretary.
- No previous experience required.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.