Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 27 January for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to develop standards, measure performance, motivate and empower staff while working in a supervisory role.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- No previous experience required.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Price: €250.00, *€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Running subject to enrollment numbers: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 06 January 2021.
- Evaluate the professional role and function of leadership in the context of a management role to include the importance of maintaining professionalism, supervisory management styles and reflective practice using a self-evaluation audit.
- Appraise the impact of different styles of leadership, motivational theory and its impact on staff and the importance of good working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Research the main provisions of Legislation, such as Employment Legislation, Health Acts and European Union Directives.
- Examine the impact that culture, attitudes and values have on work practice such as, diversity issues, client confidentiality policies, patient charter and rights.
- Support the diversity of the social, cultural and linguistic backgrounds of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage underperformance and deviation from agreed standards in a manner that achieves an agreed positive outcome.
- Perform effectively and fairly as a team member in a supervisory management role, recognising the importance of being a positive role model.
- Utilise networks and agencies in a proactive way to achieve tasks and solve problems within a multidisciplinary framework.
- Address skills and motivation deficits amongst staff through strategies such as, skills audits, clear attainable goal setting, support for continuous professional development, team building exercises and enhancement of individuals self esteem.
- Organise a partnership approach to engagement with stakeholders such as professionals, networks and agencies that support the supervisory role and with trade union officials to enable the timely and constructive resolution of problems.
- Utilise a range of appropriate communications styles and methods to provide management to staff and staff to management feedback in a culture that promotes engagement.
- Lead through effective delegation and acting as a conduit from staff to the upper management levels.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 6N3945 Managing People, Level 6