This course provides the successful learner with a nationally accredited award in the theory and practice of early childhood education and care. The learner will gain knowledge, skills and the competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of early childhood care and education settings. It is made up of 8 components and… >>
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of a particular educational philosophy when working autonomously in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings
- Compare a range of philosophical perspectives and approaches in relation to early childhood education.
- Describe the main features and influence of the main philosophical approaches in relation to early childhood care and education practice.
- Prepare a detailed evaluation of a specific early childhood curricular approach using indicative criteria including: – Process and content – Adult-directed, child initiated and child centred – Inclusivity, integration and intercultural – The hidden curriculum – The traditional approach versus process approach to curriculum implementation.
- Facilitate autonomous learning by each child in a specific early childhood care and education setting.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.