New course running for Summer 2019 in Charleville. Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €205.00* / €154.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant to enable the… >>
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow.
From €285.00* / €210.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of a particular educational philosophy when working autonomously in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings
Coming soon for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. Pre-register to sign up for future course notifications.
Location: NightSchool.ie at Mallow College of Further Education.
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 12 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 24 September 2019
Cost: €300.00, *€285.00 with online discount, €210.00 for Social Welfare and Old Age Pension recipients, €180.00 for Mallow College day students.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Compare a range of philosophical perspectives and approaches in relation to early childhood education.
- Describe the main features and influence of the main philosophical approaches in relation to early childhood care and education practice.
- Prepare a detailed evaluation of a specific early childhood curricular approach using indicative criteria including: – Process and content – Adult-directed, child initiated and child centred – Inclusivity, integration and intercultural – The hidden curriculum – The traditional approach versus process approach to curriculum implementation.
- Facilitate autonomous learning by each child in a specific early childhood care and education setting.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.