Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Mallow. From €800.00* / €567.00 for Social Welfare/OAP recipients. This final year of a two-year study programme is designed to prepare learners for employment in accounting departments of commercial, industrial or public sector organisations or in the offices of practicing accountants. It provides a valuable qualification in accounting and… >>
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to prepare and maintain an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) environment that supports the learning and holistic development of children.
- Identify the range and nature of environmental influences that impact on the holistic development of children
- Evaluate the role of movement in children’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development
- Prepare learning opportunities for children in order to develop independence and responsibility
- Provide opportunities for children to develop their logical thinking, concept formation and creativity
- Prepare and maintain an environment where children’s senses are developed and stimulated
- Select and apply appropriate routines that help children to feel valued, respected, empowered, cared for and included
- Manage meaningful activities that are suited to children’s individual needs and connect with their experiences and interests in the natural environment
- Identify own learning needs at a personal and professional level and assist others in identifying learning needs
- Perform tasks within the parameters of professional conduct including relations with parents, guardians, babies, young children and colleagues.
- Applicants must have a complete QQI Level 5 Certificate in Childcare and be currently working in a childcare setting.
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.