Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 01 January for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
Infection Prevention and Control QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N3734
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to prevent and control infection within the health services area.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Duration||10 Weeks – Assessment for this course in ONSITE in Mallow Campus on the 22nd of April 2023|
|Starting||Wednesday, 01 February 2023|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol Online before Monday, 23 January 2023|
QQI 5N3734 Infection Prevention and Control, Level 5 (part of 5M4339)
- Explain the basic principles of infection and the application of standard precautions in relation to infection control, to include the significance of an Area of Infection Control.
- Discuss the importance of infection prevention and control in the healthcare area, in providing a healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Summarise the various types of microorganisms, the elements required for the growth, spread and subsequent infection process, to include direct and indirect contact, knowledge of the chain of infection and the need for vigilance and safe practice at all times.
- Analyse the predisposing factors to the development of healthcare-acquired infections to include contact precautions, respiratory precautions and enteric precautions.
- Discuss the role and functions of the local infection control team members, to include local policy in relation to dress, staff health and travel associated infections.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N3734 Infection Prevention and Control, Level 5
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
- QQI http://www.qqi.ie.
- See full Terms & Conditions.