Remote learning, 18:30-21:30, from Tuesday, 26 September 2023 for 10 weeks. €175* (€123 conc.)
Intellectual Disabilities Studies QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N1652
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence in the causes, range and effects of intellectual disabilities and develop awareness of social models of support and role of various professionals in responding to the needs of persons of intellectual disability.
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
Tuesday, 26 September 2023
Exam for this subject will take place on Saturday, TBC at 11am onsite in Mallow Campus.
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare/PUP, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online before Monday, 18 September 2023|
QQI 5N1652 Intellectual Disability Studies, Level 5 (part of 5M4339, 5M4468)
- To assist the learner to develop a comprehensive knowledge of intellectual disabilities and their impacts on society.
- To assist the learner to discover the role of various staff in providing support to persons with an intellectual disability.
- To facilitate the learner to promote responsible attitudes when caring for a person with an intellectual disability.
- To assist the learner to identify current approaches and progressive models of service to persons with an intellectual disability.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1652 Intellectual Disability Studies, Level 5
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
- QQI http://www.qqi.ie.
- See full Terms & Conditions.