Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 30 September for 10 weeks. €165* (€123 conc.)
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence in the causes, range and effects of intellectual disabilities and develop awareness of social models of support and role of various professionals in responding to the needs of persons of intellectual disability.
- Studying online will require a PC/laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge. How does online study work?
- Learners aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Now enrolling for Online classes.
Study online with live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, and your study notes and course materials online on Moodle. How do online classes work?
Scheduled socially-distanced assessments at Mallow College of Further Education, Fermoy FET Centre, or Charleville FET Centre (formerly Mannix College).
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Price: €175.00, *€165.00 with online discount, €122.50 for Social Welfare, €122.50 for Old Age Pension recipients, €105.00 for current and just graduated Mallow College day students. (Course costs already include QQI certification.)
Information Night: Registration Facebook Event.
Enrolment: Enrol online here before Wednesday, 16 September 2020.
- To assist the learner to develop a comprehensive knowledge of intellectual disabilities and their impacts on society.
- To assist the learner to discover the role of various staff in providing support to persons with an intellectual disability.
- To facilitate the learner to promote responsible attitudes when caring for a person with an intellectual disability.
- To assist the learner to identify current approaches and progressive models of service to persons with an intellectual disability.
- Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1652 Intellectual Disability Studies, Level 5