Related: Train the Trainer, Training and Development: QQI Level 6 Palliative Care Support: QQI Level 5 After School Support: QQI Level 5 Care Support: QQI Level 5 5M4339 Health Care Support: QQI Level 5 Certificate
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Charleville.
Charleville, Tuesday, 18:30-21:30, from 08 October for 10 Weeks. €220* (€161.00 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to prevent and control infection within the health services area.
Now enrolling for Autumn 2019 in Charleville. Enrol online today.
Location: Charleville Further Education & Training Centre (formerly Mannix College).
Times: 18:30 to 21:30
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: Tuesday, 08 October 2019
Cost: €230.00, *€220.00 with online discount, €161.00 for Social Welfare (certified courses) and Old Age Pension recipients, €138.00 for Mallow College day students and recent graduates.
Information Week, Monday September 9 to Wednesday September 11, 19:00 to 20:00 at Mallow College of Further Education. Get more information, meet tutors, and enrol on the night. Add Facebook Event reminder.
- Explain the basic principles of infection and the application of standard precautions in relation to infection control, to include the significance of an Area of Infection Control.
- Discuss the importance of infection prevention and control in the healthcare area, in providing a healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Summarise the various types of microorganisms, the elements required for the growth, spread and subsequent infection process, to include direct and indirect contact, knowledge of the chain of infection and the need for vigilance and safe practice at all times.
- Analyse the predisposing factors to the development of healthcare-acquired infections to include contact precautions, respiratory precautions and enteric precautions.
- Discuss the role and functions of the local infection control team members, to include local policy in relation to dress, staff health and travel associated infections.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Relevant work and life experience is equivalent for mature students (aged 23 and over).
- A QQI certification fee of €20 is already included in course fee.