New Course. Now enrolling for Wednesdays.
Live Online, 18:30-21:30, from Wednesday 29 September for 12 weeks. €240* (€175 conc.)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a variety of community/social care settings, where frequent demand is made on the individual to relate to people at various levels of personal development. The module aims to introduce the learner to human growth and development from infancy to old age in order that the learner will be equipped to relate to people at a level appropriate to their needs.
|Enrolment||Now enrolling for Online classes.|
|Times||18:30 to 21:30|
|Starting||Wednesday, 29 September 2021|
Live video-conferencing on Google Meet, email tutor support, free Google Docs and Microsoft Office Online, study notes and course materials online on Moodle.
How do online classes work?
*€240.00 with online discount, €175.00 for Social Welfare/PUP, €175.00 for Old Age Pension recipients, €150.00 for current and just graduated Mallow campus day students, FREE on the Training Support Grant.
|Deadline||Enrol online here before Wednesday, 15 September 2021.|
- Understand the concept of human growth and development from conception to old age.
- Understand normal patterns of development from infancy to old age with reference to physical, emotional, social and intellectual development.
- Recognise variations within the normal range of human growth and development and understand factors that can effect development throughout the lifespan.
- Develop interpersonal/interactive skills appropriate to responding to the needs of others.
- Apply skills/knowledge to typical work-based problems.
- Explore own personal prejudices, fears and anxieties about working with people in need of care.
- Develop self-confidence and empathy in dealing with people.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify a range of individual needs and apply the interpersonal skills and strategies required to meet these needs in a range of settings.
Official QQI specifications and assessment breakdown: QQI 5N1279 Human Growth and Development, Level 5
- Studying online requires a PC or laptop with reliable broadband and a basic IT knowledge.
- Find out more about studying online.
- Learners must be aged 18 and over.
- A pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard.
- Or relevant work and life experience for mature students.
- Talk to us if you have any questions.
- Find out more about the type of people who take our courses.
Course costs already include QQI certification.
Courses can be free for Social Welfare or PUP recipients with the Training Support Grant (up to €1,000 per year).
Facebook Live Fridays at 7.30pm for all the latest information and answers to your questions.